WASD DISTRICT GOALS
Promote individual growth of all students K-12
- Provide each student with value-added learning experience while using multiple measures to improve achievement and growth K-12.
- Continue implementation of use of learning focused strategies and best practices in curriculum, instruction, evaluation and professional development K-12. Not limited to but including Collins Writing and Close Reading and Text Dependent Analysis.
- Maintain High School graduation rate mandated by PDE.
- Maintain district-wide student attendance rates at 95% while monitoring attendance requirements district-wide.
- Implement and align curriculum to PA common core standards using learning focused strategies and other curriculum related resources.
- Continue to modify and develop curriculum K-12 while identifying potential opportunities for course/credit advancement.
Increase student achievement through the effective utilization of technology by students and staff
- Increase efficiency for use of district-wide technologies and initiatives while improving infrastructure district-wide.
- Continue use of online platform for Graduation Projects while promoting community relationships and career awareness.
- Educate parents, students, and community on acceptable uses of social media/cyber-bullying.
- Maintain infrastructure within Wellsboro Online Academy while pursuing other partnerships relevant to online learning.
- Successfully prepare for implementation of 1:1 device to student initiative in grades 9-12.
Enhance the educational climate in all District schools by creating and maintaining a safe, nurturing and welcoming environment for all
- Increase presence of “STING” as a platform K-12 for improving awareness to cyber-bullying, bullying, and character education while continuing to make improving school spirit a priority.
- Continue to provide and develop opportunities for parents, students, and community to assist in the successful transition of students K-12.
- Continue to improve accountability of maintenance and care for district-wide facilities while promoting sense of citizenship and individual responsibility for the organization.
- Ensure that all staff members are committed to the shared goals of the District by modeling best practices.
- Continue to nurture positive relationships with local law enforcement while emphasizing the importance of ongoing open communication of all stakeholders.
Maintain a financially secure and fiscally responsible District business operation
- Continue to operate under current PDE budget timeline.
- Enhance visibility of “Wellsboro Area Education Foundation” for the purpose of providing additional economic support to current and future programs and initiatives within the District.
- Promote a sense of ownership for fiscal responsibility and long-term stability throughout the organization.
- Seek additional revenues through grant opportunities, corporate donations and District practices.
- Maintain District General Fund unreserved balance established at 8%.Amounts over to be transferred to specific reserve funds.
- Establish proactive solutions for facilities management and maintenance of all outdoor areas district-wide.
Improve overall communication strategies for students, parents, teachers, and community members within the Wellsboro Area School District
- Continue to publish WASD District Newsletter (Fall/Spring).
- Continue implementation of new strategies for improving school spirit district-wide.
- Effectively communicate district initiatives with all stakeholders through various forms of communication including website, radio, internet and newspaper.Including but not limited to weekly press releases from administration.
- Encourage and provide professional development for increased communication between District personnel and all stakeholders.
- Enhance overall appearance while increasing accessibility of district information on school district website.